Fundraising Call Centre Shift Leader role
Up to 37.5 hours per week (flexible)
(Anywhere in the U.K.)
We are currently seeking an experienced call centre shift leader to join our growing business.
As Shift Leader, you will be responsible for the smooth operation of shifts in our virtual UK Office, ensuring both individual Fundraisers and the team as a whole meet call centre and campaign KPIs. This includes overseeing Fundraisers (Call Centre Agents) to ensure they are working according to policies, processes and procedures (along side QA, training and coaching support staff). You will be a great motivator and play a crucial role in maintaining a supportive, positive and energetic culture.
Shift Leaders must be tech savvy and solutions driven, helping to maintain efficiencies and troubleshooting issues during shifts to minimize downtime. You will be responsible for running reports, data entry and providing anecdotal campaign/team feedback at the end of shifts, for which good attention to detail is a must.
Shift leaders have good communication skills, carry out their work in a positive, fair and professional manner and use good judgment in supporting Call Centre staff and programs.
Reporting to: Contact Centre Performance Manager (UK).
Contracted hours: Between 21-37.5 hours (flexible).
It is most important that we find the right person. If you can only commit to 21 hours per week, need a full time role, or somewhere in between please speak to us. If you are the right candidate, we will aim to tailor the hours to suit you. Some evening hours will be required though.
The call centre currently operates: 12:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
Salary: £29,000 per annum fulltime, pro rata’d for part time hours.
- Prior proven and demonstratable experience as a team leader in a Contact Centre environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Must be a team leader, motivator and problem-solver.
- Ability to stay patient and maintain composure during challenging caller interactions.
- Excellent attention to detail, quick and accurate data entry skills, able to generate reports with a high degree of accuracy and implement detailed instructions from management or tech.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with diverse personalities.
- A demonstrated aptitude and proficiency with computers and computer programs, especially within a Windows environment, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Windows Explorer, Internet Applications.
- Good math skills, relevant to the position.
Monitoring of shift/staff:
- Overseeing Fundraisers (tracking attendance, monitoring break times, maximizing caller efficiency, etc.).
- Monitoring program and individual results, flagging areas of concern.
- Deploying incentives, games and skills sharing sessions.
- Celebrating successes and providing encouragement and performance updates.
- Addressing and reporting problems and incidents to call center Management including interpersonal conflict, inappropriate work conduct etc.
- Ensuring all donations are secured through best practice and supporting agents in this delivery.
- Campaign allocations at the start of shifts.
- Managing the dialer to maintain efficiency.
- Troubleshooting and reporting individual Fundraiser issues with the call.
- platform, computer, router, headset or dialer problems as well as other computer glitches.
- Completing the shift reporting and attendance reports daily.
- Liaising with the tech department to ensure deeper tech issues are understood and being addressed.
- Ensuring internal reports are completed accurately and sent at the appropriate time.
- Tracking daily attendance of callers including recording/reporting/following up on reasons for attendance infractions.
- Ongoing correspondence with UK Contact Centre Performance Manager.
- Handling donor complaints.
- Having a working knowledge of existing clients and programs.
- Providing callers resources such as available scripts, program information, callback programs, access to vacation pay slips, etc.
- Conduct 1-2-1’s with the Fundraising team to motivate and encourage performance and best practice.