Telephone fundraising role
Up to 35 hours per week (flexible)
(Anywhere in the U.K.)
We are seeking personable and passionate individuals to represent a selection of charities and not-for-profits over the phone. If you are passionate about world issues and want to play your role in changing the world for the better. If you have a desire to have engaging conversations with people about potentially serious subjects, and the motivation to make a strong fundraising ask on a charities behalf, then this could be the perfect role for you.
No ‘cold calling’. No monotone calling scripts and a supportive and friendly work environment. You will be speaking with existing supporters who have previously donated or shown an interest in supporting the charities work.
No previous phone or fundraising experience required, full training will be provided and you will be well supported in your new role.
Up to 35 hours per week (minimum requirement 17.5 hours per week)
Shifts: Monday-Friday, 12:30-4:00pm, 4:30pm-8:00pm or 12:30 pm- 8:00 pm.
(You can work one of two shifts per day as long as shift pattern favours equal or greater evening shifts).
Pay rate: £12.00 (£12.64 in London) per hour starting rate, rising to £14.00 (£14.64 in London).
Pay enhancement scheme: uncapped bonus based on results and call quality. Paid out weekly and eligible from your first full calling week.
- As a home worker you must be productive, self-motivated, and self-managing.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills transferable to telephone conversations
- Confident and clear speaking voice
- Adequate IT skills geared toward using a dialing out calling platform
- Confidence in making financial ask, where appropriate more than once within the call
- Ability to both follow a structure (call guide) and use initiative to personalise calls and respond sensitively to supporters.
- Ability to perform to target based working environment
- Private work space with no noise pollution or household foot traffic
- Laptop or PC running on with MAC or Windows 8 or above (we specifically cannot run on Chromebooks or Windows 7)
- Ability to run an Ethernet cable (provided) from workstation to internet router as home WIFI is rarely strong enough to support desired sound quality
- Success in previous telephone or fundraising roles, proven success at working to either sales or fundraising targets in a phone-based role.